Here's a cover letter sample that uses one of my favorite techniques: the "call and response." It's hard to miss, but I'll point it out anyway.
In the body of the letter, Ricardo (not his real name) has two groups of bullet point statements. The first is JOB REQUIREMENTS, which is the "call" from the employer. These statements were taken word-for-word from the job posting.
<< Matching Resume for Distribution/Warehouse Associate
<< Index of Sample Letters
The second group of statements is under the heading MY QUALIFICATIONS. That's Ricardo's "response" to the employer's call. Point by point he responds to each requirement with wording that is different from what the employer wrote. And then he added one more relevant qualification.
This call-and-response technique is a great way to pass the initial screening of the recruiter.
Cover Letter Example for a Distribution/Warehouse Associate
99 Pleasant Drive
Watertown, NY 12345
[email protected], 123.555.5555
February 2, 20xx
As I’ve detailed in my resume, the Distribution Associate 2 position you advertised on your company website appears tailor-made for my abilities and background:
- Ability to operate equipment in a safe and controlled manner.
- Ability to perform all required tasks within the scope of Distribution 2 to the level of established productivity required and in keeping with applicable Standard Operating Procedures, rules, established processes, and Quality guidelines.
- Highly dependable individual demonstrating key values including teamwork, integrity, honesty, and accountability.
- Received annual Safety Award for accident-free driving in performance of all required tasks and in keeping with applicable Standard Operating Procedures and Quality guidelines.
- Consistently rated as “exceeding production expectations” on monthly performance evaluations starting in 2007 to the present in a top Fortune 500 company.
- A flexible and approachable team player who works effectively with everyone from CEO to shipping/receiving staff.
- Focused worker who always sees projects through to completion.
I enclose my resume for your consideration, and I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you in person to further discuss your needs and my abilities. I can be contacted at any time by phone, (123) 555-5555, or by email, [email protected]
Enclosure: Resume for Distribution Associate 2
120 Vyse Street
4th January 2014
Dear Ms Graham,
I am taking this opportunity to apply for the vacancy you advertised on the Dayjob.com website for a Warehouse Worker. I believe that the qualities that you seek from candidates perfectly match my qualifications, skills and abilities.
In my present position with Johnsons Distributors, I am involved in unloading trucks, stocking shelves, accurately counting inventory and keeping the floor area clean and safe. My work experience includes utilizing industrial forklifts, adhering to safety procedures, securing loads and writing up documentation.
On a more personal level I have a proven record of good attendance, being punctual and am willing to work overtime as needed. I am physically fit, possess good hand dexterity and strength, and am able to stand, stoop, move equipment, bend, reach, and lift for prolonged periods of time.
I believe I can expect a lot from a career at your company, which strives for excellence in every way and which sets high industry standards for service and employee care. In this regard I am very excited about the prospect of working for a dynamic and ambitious company like yours.
Please find attached my CV for your consideration and feel free to can contact me to arrange a personal interview.
Tel: 00 44 121 638 0026
More Warehouse Worker cover letter examples
Warehouse Worker cover letter 1
Warehouse Worker cover letter 2
Warehouse Worker cover letter 3
Warehouse worker resume examples
Warehouse worker resume
Warehouse worker resume 1
Warehouse worker resume 2
Warehouse worker resume 3
Student entry level Warehouse Worker resume template
More cover letters
Cover letter examples