Introduction: Internet is a world-wide network of computerized devices and servers. Data travels to and fro among computer systems and servers.
Around three billion people around the world are using internet. The countries with largest number of internet users includes China, United States, and India.
The organization that provides the internet facility to users is called Internet Service Provider (ISP). They normally charge a usage based fees from the customers.
There are many advantages of internet.
- We can make donations online.
- We can send and receive information across large matrix of computer systems. Through email service, we can send messages for both business and personal purposes.
- Internet has opened doors for virtual online offices.
- During the festive season, we don’t need to visit crowed stores to buy our stuff. We can make online purchases at a bargain price.
- We can send birthday greeting cards through the internet.
- Before making any purchases, we can check online for user reviews of the products that we intend to buy.
- We can use social media applications on our personal computer and mobile devices. In this way, we can reconnect to our old school friends.
- We can gather information for new job openings. We can also apply online for jobs.
- We can earn online by doing freelancing jobs, selling online, completing surveys, affiliate marketing, etc.
- We can also sell old items that are of no use for us.
- During idle time, we can listen to music or watch a video.
Also read: Essay on Internet and Its Uses
The disadvantages of internet are:
- We often tend to purchase those extra items that we rarely need. Such purchases are a wastage of money.
- The internet is not free. Sometimes, it hurts while paying bills.
- There are hundreds of vendors selling products of various brands. We get confused with too many choices.
- The transaction cost levied by the payment gateway providers decreases the margin of the online sellers.
- Too many contradictory review leads us nowhere.
- The physical distance among loved ones is increasing.
- Somewhere the emotional connect between people are missing.
- We feel helpless when the internet connection is down.
- We always remain engaged with many online activities such as checking emails, socializing, chatting, online shopping, business-deals, etc. We don’t get time to rest.
- Our life is moving at the pace of internet. We seldom spare few moments of peace for us.
We have the intellect to make smart choices. We should not allow internet to distract or disturb our mind. We should use it in a way that brings harmony in life.
Category: Essays, Paragraphs and Articles
Today is the world of internet, No longer is it just a source of information but you can shop through the internet, pay your bills, plan your finances, avail online courses, find jobs, work from home, promote your business, reach to people etc. There is no denial to the fact that the internet has not only made our lives better but hassle free as well. Gone are the days when you used to waste hours in roaming around for shopping or standing in a queue for bills or getting the movie tickets. Now, you just have to go online and book your tickets and that too in less time.
Poll on Internet:
The internet has definitely brought a huge revolution in every field thus reducing stress and enhancing the work quality. Some of the areas where the internet has made its powerful place are:-
Railways – All kinds of reservations for trains, flights, and hotels are made through the customized software of the railway. It requires the internet and the website can be accessed from any part of the world. Thus you need not wait for a long time to book the tickets but can do it from the comfort of your homes and offices. This saves a lot of time.
Finding jobs – Newspapers have become the traditional means to search the jobs as the internet provides updated details of the job openings whether government or private. Email notification option can be used to receive the emails regarding the jobs thereby keeping you updated with all kinds of openings.
Education – Computers have become an important subject and taught to the kids from the very beginning. This is done so that the children develop the skills to use the computer as well as the internet when required. Now kids can download tutorials for their studies, join online classes and get involved in several activities through the internet.
Online courses are the next big change that allows the people to study and work both at the same time. This has been possible only through the internet.
Banks – This is the place where maximum use of this technology is being made. Use of banking software’s and applications is possible via the internet that not only increases efficiency but the work gets over soon. Thus the banks are able to satisfy the customers in every possible way. The Internet and mobile banking have emerged as a big step towards making things seamless for the people.
Business – Promotion has become easier with website becoming a great option to get visibility as well as credibility. You can now reach to a global audience and grab the marketplace for more business. Thus you are able to enjoy success and business expansion.
Connecting with people is easier – The social networking platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Linked-in, Pinterest, Google plus etc are not only useful for business but personal contacts as well. You can easily make new friends and find your old pals and get connected with them.
Hence, the internet has certainly filled a wide gap and it is difficult to stay away from it. Do use the internet and find a solution to every problem.