The University welcomes applications from international (non-EU) students.
LSBU Online Application Form
If you are an overseas student (and a national of a country outside the EU) you can complete the LSBU Online Application Form. It is very important to upload all the necessary supporting documents as they are required to process your application. The additional supporting documents are:
- passport (photo and ID page)
- copies of all UK visas (if applicable)
- academic qualifications (transcripts and certificates)
- reference letter(s)
- personal statement
You will be able to make 1 application and choose up to 2 courses to apply to.
Courses that cannot be applied for via the LSBU Online Application Form
- MA Social Work. Apply via UCAS Postgraduate
- LLM/CPE/Legal Studies. Apply via Central Applications Board
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). Apply via UCAS Teacher Training
- Distance Learning and Blended Learning programmes. Apply via UKPASS
- Courses in our School of Health and Social Care (except for MSc Public Health and Health Promotion). See course individual pages for application details on Course Finder
- Research degrees (MPhil, PhD)
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank programmes (International Undergraduate Foundation Programme, International Year One, English Language Preparation Programme and International - Master's Foundation Programme): please contact our partner institution ONCAMPUS.
What happens if I can not find the course I am interested in in the online application form list?
Please contact the International Enquiries team for further advice: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 20 7815 6189.
Create an application account to apply
If you have already started your application sign in here
Alternative application systems
If your course is not listed in our LSBU Online Application System you can apply via the following national application services:
- International undergraduate students (full-time and part-time) can apply via UCAS.
- International postgraduate students (full-time and part-time) can apply via UKPASS.
What happens next?
Once you have submitted your online application you will receive an email confirming that it has been successfully received and that your application is being checked by our International Admissions Team.
Once your application has been screened, it will be passed to the relevant International Admissions Officer. You will then receive an email stating your ID number to be used for any questions you may have about the status of your application.
Receiving a decision
The International Admissions Team will contact you once a decision has been made or if further information is required.
The decision will be made on the standard entry criteria for the course you have applied for (in accordance with our Admissions Policy) but we will also take into account your immigration history if you require a Tier 4 visa. The University holds a Tier 4 sponsor licence which allows it to sponsor students under Tier 4 General of the points-based system. The University takes its licence very seriously and our policy on Tier 4 Sponsorship and Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (PDF File 90 KB) concerns both applicants who require sponsorship under Tier 4 and current students who hold a Tier 4 visa.
If you have any questions regarding the application process or our courses please contact our International Enquiries Manager: email@example.com or +44 (0) 20 7815 6189.
Top of page
You have your undergrad degree. You are thinking what to do next. Where to go next. What country to go to next… At London South Bank University, they are well known across the globe for their research post graduate options and here are more great reasons to apply to study here.
As any post grad is mostly, if not all theory based. LSBU prides themselves with skills and tools you are taught there which will assist you professional world that you wish to be a part of. A postgraduate degree is a step to doctoral research, helping develop extremely important skills and the ability to analyse others work with a professional eye.
The quality of their tuition and student supervision is very important to London South Bank University. All research students can discuss their work on a one-to-one basis with their supervisors and progress is regularly monitored.
Course modules are offered in both qualitative (relating to, measuring, or measured by the quality of something rather than its quantity.) and quantitative research methods. Example of what you will learn: ethics; skills and problems in educational, economic and social research; and oral and written presentation skills. The focus on the oral and written presentation is so that you are fully equip to speaking in front of large crowds confidently and also so that you can professionally combine all your research in what is called “a thesis”.
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW BEFORE I APPLY TO LONDON SOUTH BANK UNIVERSITY?
- You need either a first degree (usually at least a 2:2) or a minimum three years’ post-qualification experience in a relevant field to take a postgraduate degree at LSBU.
- Their Admissions Tutors look for motivated and committed students. It’s very important that postgraduate candidates have high standards in maths, numeracy, communication and IT and can show a good knowledge and interest in the subject area they’re applying for.
- IELTS will be needed in some instances if you are an international student: 5, subject to course. (Please view their website for the subject of your choice to confirm what you will need to score as an overall)
APPLYING FOR A Ph.D
- Candidates need a good standard of English language skills to complete their work and prepare and defend a thesis.
- LSBU also recognise professional experience, work that you have written (publications), reports and other accomplishment (they will need to see proof of this) as well as an ability and background knowledge appropriate to the proposed research.
- To qualify for a PhD at LSBU, you would have had to receive your Masters with a merit or distinction (summa cum laude).
I KNOW WHAT I WANT TO STUDY, HOW DO I APPLY
Please feel free to contact one of our trained International Student Advisors and they will be more than happy to assist with the application process.
COST OF TUTUION AND MONEY EXPENDITURE IN GENERAL
|MSc, MA, PgDip||from £12,500|
|MPhil, PhD||from £12,500|
- Please note that these are rough figures and you would be required to check directly on the LSBU website for your course as a whole)
- All students who enrol for a post grad at LSBU will be awarded with a £2000.00 off their initial fees
- The VISA requirements of the UK also require a student to (when applying for the visa) to prove that they can fully fund themselves for a year. The VISA office requires an additional £9000.00 to be in a bank account of the student for 28days without dropping below the threshold. The bank account cannot be in somebody else’s name, but the student.
- Once you have received your offer letter, you will need a CAS number to be able to apply for your visa. Before your CAS number is issued, you will need to make a deposit payment of £3,500 to the University. This amount will be deducted from your initial fee.
“A man who is master of patience is master of everything else”- George Savile
To make a free application to study at London South Bank University, or any of our 140 partners worldwide, please get in touch today. Although our services are free of charge, we do requite students to full fund their studies.