Recommended Extra Resources
ESLTOWER.COM : Many Free English Grammar & Vocabulary Exercises for Teachers and Students
Want More Materials? Check Out ESL Galaxy for All ESL Lesson Plan needs
- ESL Lesson Plan Center : ESL Lesson Plan guide for all TEFL lesson plan needs on the ESL Galaxy.
- Board Games : Teach English grammar, vocabulary and sentence structures using communicative board games
- Grammar Worksheets: teach most common English grammar themes using these printable worksheets
- Vocabulary Worksheets : Well-planned theme-based vocabulary worksheets
- Theme-based Lesson plans: Plan your lessons around a theme by using the worksheets here.
- Pronunciation Lessons: Phonetic worksheets, mp3 downloads and vowel sounds audio book
- Crossword puzzles: A generous offer of free crossword puzzles for grammar and vocabulary practice
- Word Search Puzzles: Find word search puzzles that do more that fills time effectively- Good settlers
- Festivals and Holidays worksheets : Lesson plans based on holidays and festivals-Halloween, Christmas etc.
- Travel English: Teach survival English for students going abroad using these lesson plan materials
- Writing Worksheets and Templates: Practice writing using these cool printables
- Word Formation worksheets: help students improve vocabulary by teaching them prefixes, suffixes and other word formation skills
- Song Worksheets: Learn and teach English with English songs
- Movie Worksheets : Watch movies and learn English using these English film worksheets
- Math4Children.com: Free Math Worksheets, Games, Quizzes, Videos and eBooks for Learning and Teaching Math.
- Kiz School - This site offers English Courses for kids from Preschool, Kindergarten to 6th Grade. You don't have to be a professional teacher to teach kids.
- ESL Kids Lab This site is an extension of English 4 Kids
- ESL Galaxy : Printable worksheets, board games, word search, matching exercises, crosswords, music worksheets, video worksheets and more free stuff for all levels.
- English Media Lab: This free online classroom has a huge database of videos, esl quizzes, grammar exercises, activities for all levels, beginners, elementary, pre-intermediate, intermediate, advanced levels.
- ESL Downloads: Download ESL lesson plan materials and interactive exercises for students
- ESL Games World: ESL Fun Games for Teachers and Students
Our ESL Websites - We endorse the contents of the following sites
1st Grade Common Core Worksheets
The Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for English Language Arts (ELA) provide a framework of educational expectations for students in reading, writing, and other language skills. The goals of the CCSS ELA are broken out by grade and subject area, including Reading: Literature, Reading: Informational Text, Foundational Skills, Writing, Speaking and Listening, and Language. First graders can meet some of these learning goals with adult support and are expected to master the basics of the early stages of reading fiction and non-fiction books, learn writing and language basics, and learn to listen and speak in a group setting. See the subheadings for each ELA category for more information on the specific expectations for students.
1st Grade CCSS: Language118 Worksheets
For first graders, these standards will help them begin to grasp the basic grammar and style rules for the English Language. This Common Core State Standard (CCSS) area focuses on helping students learn…
1st Grade CCSS: Reading: Foundational Skills112 Worksheets
For first graders, these standards will help them understand the alphabet, printed writing, and all the most fundamental concepts of the English language as it appears when written. Not to be confused with the…
1st Grade CCSS: Reading: Informational Text37 Worksheets
For first graders, these standards will help them tackle reading non-fiction texts. For this grade those texts can include picture books and adult support can be offered to emerging readers. However, the Common…
1st Grade CCSS: Reading: Literature59 Worksheets
For first graders, these worksheets will help them become proficient at reading fictional literature, which can includes storybooks and poems. The Common Core State Standards (CCSS) encourage students to take on…
1st Grade CCSS: Writing14 Worksheets
For first graders, these standards will help them become strong writers. This Common Core State Standard (CCSS) area focuses on helping students learn to write, edit, publish and collaborate, because this grade…
1st Grade Speaking and Listening0 Worksheets
For first graders, these standards focus on learning to speak and listen as they master the English language. This Common Core State Standard (CCSS) area focuses on helping students learn to work and speak…